The Maintenance Electrician/Electronics maintains all production and support equipment in the plant. Performs preventive maintenance on the equipment and maintain records. Duties for this position will include electrical repairs, PLC repairs, schematic reading, mechanical, pneumatics, hydraulics, machining parts, pipe fitting, basic welding skills, building repairs, facility maintenance, installing equipment, troubleshooting punch press and support equipment failures.
- Maintain production equipment to minimize down time. Perform electrical and mechanical repairs on punch presses and support equipment that has failed. Complete repairs in a timely manner to minimize downtime for production and customers. Coordinate repairs with the Maintenance supervisor and the Production supervisor. Work with outside vendors if needed, to obtain the parts to complete the repairs. Analyze the failure of the equipment and make changes to prevent future break downs.
- Maintain equipment in the tool rooms and the building. Perform electrical and mechanical repairs on the equipment and the building. Use electrical troubleshooting skills to complete the repairs in a timely manager. Order parts needed for the repairs and maintain inventory stock level. Coordinate repairs with the Maintenance supervisor and the Tool Room supervisors.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment in the plant. Perform PM work order to schedule on the Kenmode preventative maintenance system. Perform electrical safety checks on all equipment. Complete work orders in the time allotted and by due date in the PM system. Coordinate PM work orders with production on the tool room to complete the PM in the time allotted. Parts needed for the PM must be on hand before the PM can be started. Reorder parts and supplies that were used during the PM. Completed PM work orders will then be entered into the computer.
- Projects for production, tool room and the facility. Projects are to be coordinated from start to finish with the Maintenance supervisor and the supervisor of the area the project is to be done for. All parts, materials and equipment must be planned for and purchased before the project can be started. Coordinate the project and time frame with the Maintenance supervisor. Complete the project and the work order and notify the Maintenance supervisor that the project is finished.
- Installation of new equipment. A plan will be set in place with the Maintenance supervisor and the Production Supervisor. All parts and materials will be purchased before the installation will start. Installation will be finished in a timely manner to meet the production schedule.
- HS Diploma, equivalent or combination of education and experience
- Technical/Mechanical certifications a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 8 - 10 years in the maintenance field pertaining to the stamping industry or equivalent.
- Able to repair punch presses, support equipment and facility.
- Ability to read electrical schematics, electrical repairs, plc repairs, hydraulics, pneumatics, machine parts, plumbing, mechanical repairs, basic welding, electrical troubleshooting skills.
- Extensive knowledge in electrical and PLC logic.
- Heating & Cooling skills are a plus.
Hours and Salary
- 1st shift- 7am - 3:30pm, M-F plus overtime
- $26/hr. to $36/hr. depending on experience