We are searching for Setup to join the Kenmode team on 2nd shift! The Punch Press Setup performs setup, sampling and troubleshooting operations on all punch presses in assigned department. Requires setup experience and on the job training. May assist lower level set-up technicians and provide training to operators as required. Backs up lead as requested.
- Set up all assigned machinery including punch presses. Check work instruction to ensure accurate settings for all jobs. Check tooling and equipment for overloads or improper tool maintenance. Make repairs or adjustments as required. Lubricates machine and tool as required for proper cycle; checks oil levels, leader pin, etc. and fills reservoir with stamping oil.
- Loads material and or parts into machine and safely run production following safety procedures, ensuring guards are in place and all personal protective equipment is worn properly; troubleshoot to ensure product meets or exceeds customer specifications.
- Check product against sample using various gages, micrometers, calipers, etc. as denoted on work instruction. Visually inspect production for burrs, scratches, rust and other defects. Sample new production runs; complete pre-production approval processes; submit production documentation to quality department as required. Separate materials and production used during set-up from production run.
- HS Diploma, equivalent or combination of education and experience
- 5-10 years of setup experience within the manufacturing industry preferred
- Ability to troubleshoot all aspects of a setup to make sure die and press are running properly.
- Strong knowledge of all department machines, equipment, processes and documentation.
- Proficient in blueprint reading and use of measurement equipment.
- Understand the different functions involved in a setup
- Setup ancillary equipment
Skills and Abilities
- Contributes to team, company and ISO goals by initiating continuous improvement, accomplishing related results as required and working effectively with other employees and departments.
- Timely and accurate completion of all paperwork and documentation associated with position.
- Maintains an organized, clean and safe work area.
- Participates in activities to increase personal skill level, overall departmental processes and product quality.
- Communicates all problems and other work related issues with supervisor.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures including mission, safety and attendance requirements.
- Resolves day-to-day issues by working effectively with others
Hours and Salary
- 2nd shift - 3:30pm- 12am, M-F
- $16 to $22 depending on experience
- Add 12% shift premium to 2nd shift hourly rate