This person will be responsible for the die-sensor program at our facilities. This includes the design, construction, maintenance, modification and repair of all sensors and related components used in tooling and automation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and document bench testing of sensor applications.
- Research, analyze and test various sensor applications that provides the most effective protection for the dies, providing the documentation for rationale to the Engineering management team.
- Provide technical assistance to the Tool Room regarding tooling and process issues during die fabrication and debugging.
- Master the die protection programs and as resident expert, be able to develop and deliver the required training to the production personnel.
- Maintain a sensor laboratory, catalog / library of required / related equipment and tools and proper levels of sensor inventories for production and development work.
- Develop production drawings of sensor installations for the Tool Room.
- Assist when required on sensor related problems during production and/or prototype runs.
- Compile and analyze test data. Track, document and report on the effectiveness of various sensors in various applications.
- Evaluate failures and work closely with Design, Tooling and Production teams to correct the issue as quickly as possible, track lessons learned and avoid a recurrence of issues.
- Works with Engineering management, Quality Assurance team, tool designers, toolmakers and production personnel in order to evaluate, incorporate and modify state-of-the-art die sensors on the front end of tooling designs and video based in process technologies.
- Manage multiple projects, establish milestone goals, evaluate progress and expenses.
- Works closely with the QA Director and QA Manager to implement a state-of-the-art video based measurement system at the presses where applicable.
AS in Electronics (or comparable experiences)
Minimum of 3 years in Machining (Tool & Die Related)
Knowledge of Sensor Technology (a plus)
Competent in designing with CAD software
Experience with SolidWorks (a plus)
Experience working with sensor testing techniques (a plus)
Interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints and diagrams
Troubleshoot, analyze, test, calibrate and repair electronic circuits
Ability to design for manufacturability / production (a plus)
Knowledge of machining, tool building and tool maintenance (a plus)
Competent with Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint
Special Sills / Competencies
Competent in proximity sensor technology and its application in stamping tools (a plus)
Competent in bench testing sensor simulations (a plus)
Competent in working from verbal instructions and concepts (a plus)
Competent in training individuals in set-up and usage of sensors (a plus)
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong teamwork ethic
Tool & Die Apprenticeship (a plus)