We currently have an opening at Kenmode and are looking for the right candidate for our New Tooling & Technology Center.
This individual will be part of a team tackling stamping tooling design, build, debug and production support.
- Analyzes internal and external customer specifications and standards, piece part prints, 3D CAD data, and collaborates with team members, to design tools, fixtures and gauges in order to manufacture parts per specifications within required timeframe. Determines if part can be produced within given tolerances.
- Applies knowledge of tool and die design and construction, shop mathematics, metal properties, machining processes, assembly procedures, and previous lessons learned, in both the design process as well as the debug process.
- Calculates estimated stamping material usage, specifies appropriate tooling and support equipment required to produce part to print.
- Produces complete and efficient drawings, prints and instructions that can be easily read and readily understood by our experienced tooling teams.
- Completes revisions for existing tooling, relevant prints and instructions for production tooling per tool room development.
- Performs engineering changes per internal and external customer request and requirements.
- Updates files for any changes or alterations that were performed in the build process or process development.
- Must be proficient in the advanced use of Solidworks to enhance 3D capabilities both from a part development design standpoint as well as design for manufacturability in stampings and required tooling. A background and familiarity in utilization of the Quick Press application for Solidworks would be extremely helpful; in addition to familiarity with Dynaform simulation software.
Skilled candidates will be have a solid background in, and be responsible for, the design of progressive stamping tooling, stand-alone single operation tooling, secondary tooling, gauges, prototype tooling, support for tool debugging (new & existing), tool room support, estimating interaction, collaboration and support by way of tooling strip layouts and conceptualization of metal stampings produced by tooling to be built in our facility. Drawn component experience is a definite plus.
The ideal candidate is a creative team player and will be able to think strategically and collaborate with others and own the creation of the tooling process from inception to production.
- Journeyman's Certificate for Tool & Die
- 10 years of experience in the job offered or 10 years of experience in tool & die making.
- Employer also accepts: 15 years of experience in the job offered or 15 of experience in tool and die making.
- 6 years of experience in tight tolerance contact dies
- 1 year of experience with Solidworks 3D for Tool & Die applications
- 1 year of experience with MS Excel and Word